Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Class Cloud

The class cloud was an interesting experience. I have had a Twitter account since 2009 and I think I spent more time on Twitter during that hour and a half of class than I have the entire time I have had an account. From my Tweets there was not much that happened, I did converse with a lady about Donald Trump and what he stood for, but it did not last very long. She stopped talking to me when I asked her specific questions about why she wanted to vote for Sanders. I really wanted to know about him and she shut down. I can see how people could spend a lot of time on Twitter tweeting back and forth between other people or even a group of people. I also see it as a dangerous place as I noticed how many bad things were being brought up that people posted in previous tweets. It has actually made me think about things I post on any social media sites before I post them. You never know if it will come back to bite you later on. 
I found it pretty amusing at how quick a tweet can spread. I watched as a CNN reporter tweeted something about Mitt Romney’s upcoming speech. Within minutes the single tweet from a single person was re-tweeted over 1,000 times and liked over 2,000 times. It never ceases to amaze me how big social media has taken over everything these days. It would be interesting to see how things would have changed in the previous presidential elections if Twitter and Facebook had been around.
Another thing that caught my attention was when my professor brought up a twitter profile name that has some meaning and background. It is a name where people look at it as a confident and polite user. The individual tweeted something about cats that would have looked suspicious and maybe unacceptable under that username. I had never really thought of how a single tweet could but a bad image for not only the person posting the message but everyone after that person that would carry the same mantle or responsibility.

As I was waiting and refreshing my Twitter feed I looked up support feeds for placed like Nike and Microsoft. It was truly a light that I had never thought of before, instant help through a single tweet. People would ask questions to @NikeSupport and within minutes have an answer back on how to fix a problem or where to go to get something fixed. I think that is something that will continue to grow in popularity as companies continue to go to the online route of selling goods and services. No longer having to wait hours or days for support to get back to you will be a great stress reliever for me in the future.

https://twitter.com/sparker24/status/705201306722398209

https://twitter.com/sparker24/status/705143389654650880

https://twitter.com/sparker24/status/705202837660143616

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home